Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Basil



Ok, there's no basil in this photo, it's just pretty and I'm trying to blog about my garden and couldn't find the photo of the bed with some basil in it LOL! The plants are from left to right: monkey grass, dusty miller in bloom, and celery.

Back to Basil, while lots of people enjoy basil and pine nut pesto , my family doesn't care for it. I think it tastes wonderful! My family did fall in love last summer with a get this, drum roll please: Basil cheesecake!! Evidently the recipe was printed in an herbal magazine and some friends of ours latched onto it and shared one with us at a potluck. It's their basil that's blooming and going to seed in one of my flower beds right now, they grow some from seed everyyear in their greenhouse.

In Raindrop Technique, it's the Methylchavicol chemotype of Basil that is used and until tonight, I didn't know there were so many chemotypes of basil. This is important to know when buying and using essential oils the different chemotypes do not have the same therapeutic properties.

1 comment:

  1. I love Basil Pesto on pasta salad!
    Not to mention it is soo pretty and smells good, too!

    ReplyDelete