Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New Seasons

Psalm 104:1 Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

As my youngest turns 11 in a few days, I'm mulling over motherhood and the ups and downs of giving children a peaceful home, while trying to raise them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. I've been distracted so many times from my work, by worldly stuff, by other people outside of family (we've practiced hospitality housing families often for months), by family tragedy (6 years of trying to keep a child alive and still meet the 3 other children's needs), by my own shortcomings, etc...but here I am after 16 years of choosing to be a homemaker first, still thankful to have a husband who wants a wife who makes a home, and still thankful that I've been able to raise my own children.

One of my favorite Charlotte Mason quotes is something like: "Mother sets the attitude of home" or the man's version "if momma ain't happy, nobody is"


I've found the only way to not grow weary is to Seek the Lord always, putting on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, and rejoicing in the name of the great I am, who forgiveth all thine iniquities: who healeth all they diseases (psalm 103:3) and enjoying watching His wonderous works:

John 7:38 (King James Version)
38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

No comments:

Post a Comment